Thursday, January 18

How Old Would You Be...
I found a stamp awhile back. It's not a Stampin' Up stamp, I'm afraid to say, but I liked it, so I bought it. I like a lot of things, that's why I have a house full of junk. Anyway....the stamp read, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" It was a quote by Satchel Paige. I ran into ANOTHER quote by Satchel Paige tonight in an older Stampin' Up catalog and it read, "Potential means you ain't done it yet." So, I got to wondering....who is/was Satchel Paige. Boy, was I wrong. First, I thought Satchel Paige was a "she". Nope, it's a "he". And, "he" is dead. "He" was a professional baseball player! Never would have guessed that one in a million years. Maybe you knew that, but I didn't. I'm also posting this for mom. I learned tonight that she, too, likes the "How old would you be..." quote.

No comments: