Tuesday, May 27

Memorial Day Weekend (Click on Pictures for larger view.)
Well, we had a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend. Mom, Dad, Mike and I went up to the mountains. Mom and Dad went up early on Thursday night and arrived to a terrible surprise - the roof over my bedroom lost LOTS of shingles and water poured into my bedroom - it had to be gutted. Luckily, I was able to sleep in the guest bedroom. This is the second time we've lost shingles over my bedroom. The last time it simply stained the ceiling. This time the water pretty much destroyed everything. Mom was able to save the bedding after A LOT of cleaning. But, the carpet, mattress, and even some of the furniture was ruined.

On Saturday night we all went for a walk in the woods to see what changes were there. Apparently the state has been cutting down a lot of trees - we couldn't seem to figure out why. But, it was an interesting climb. Mom and Dad LOVED the rocks that were laying around. Unfortunately for them, it is unlawful to remove rocks from state gameland.

After our walk, Mike and I introduced Guitar Hero to my parents. I think mom really enjoyed it. Dad didn't seem to be as much a fan. Mom kept wanting to try "one more time". It was cute!

We had a fabulous weekend together, relaxing, reading, and stamping. We introduced Mike to Kundla's - a FABULOUS open-pit BBQ place. YUM. I even picked up a microwave to replace the dead one in my kitchen. Now we just have to install the thing. Here are some of my other favorite pictures from the trip:



1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

wow! sounds like a fun and beautiful weekend! great pictures!!! just ordered a whole bunch from snapfish for myself - time to fill in my AIAD book!!