Monday, January 22

$350 for Gas???
Happy Monday to all of you. Isn't it pretty outside? That's what I thought too before I left the house for Philly this morning. By the time I got to work, I hated that stupid white crap! Yes, I had a rough commute. I just had to share with you my experience with the gas station this morning.

So, I needed gas. According to my gas-ometer-thing, I could only go another 45 miles on my tank. Well, that's not enough for a round-trip commute. So, I stopped for gas at the Valero station in Elmer. It annoys me that they don't have the modern pumps where they can just swipe the cards, but they are the most convenient for me. Plus, I noticed they'd finally dropped their prices to $1.97/gallon too. Sounded like a good deal to me, so I pulled in. Big mistake. The attendant filled my tank at his normal pace and I handed over my credit card. That's when the fun began! I waited about 5 minutes or so and wondered what was taking so long. Then a second guy joined my attendant in the booth and they were flipping through a book. I was annoyed. Why would they be distracted and make me wait. After another 5 minutes or so, my attendant returned, and explained that he had mistakenly added an extra 0 to my $35.00 fuel charge - therefore charging me $350.00 for my gas. He explained that they were trying to figure out how to cancel it. Another 5 minutes or so went past when the second guy approached my car. This time they asked me for help. How on earth was I supposed to help them figure out their credit card machine?!?!? So, I read the instructions that some guy who can't speak English had written. They didn't seem to match up with any of the menu options. I got to learn the manager's password. After fumbling for another 5 minutes, they got some other guy on the phone and handed it to me! I was no help. Finally, they got it figured out and 30 minutes later I got on my way. Lesson learned = pay cash or go across the street where they have modern pay-at-the-pump pumps! That of course put me further behind so I hit traffic and put me in a bad mood. Oh, and when I got to work, I realized I had missed Anthony's morning call when I was out there fighting with their credit card machine. Grrrrrrr. Hope your day started off better than mine or you can at least get a laugh at my experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That SUCKS! I can't believe they did that! You should do your famous "write to the corporate office to get free stuff" thing! Sorry your morning was such a drag! I'm sure Anthony understood. Julie B.