Tuesday, January 23

A Prairie Home Companion
Have any of you seen "A Prairie Home Companion"? It's got several well-know actors/actresses. Anthony and I watched it last night and couldn't wait for it to be over! We still don't understand it. Sure, we laughed at times, but what on earth was the storyline? We understand that the movie is about a radio show that is performed live, on stage, and broadcast every night or week or something. A company from Texas has bought the building and is closing the show. The movie is about their final show. Who cares? What are we missing? What didn't we get? Can someone explain it to me?!?!?

Countdown to Albuquerque
I'm excited. I'm getting on a plane on Friday. Yippie! I love to fly. I love to travel. I haven't flown since September. For some reason I was thinking Albuquerque would be like Phoenix - nice and warm this time of year. I was WRONG. I checked weather.com this morning and it was like 26 degrees or something. What was I thinking? I was hoping not to have to pack a coat. Oh well. I'm sure I'll have fun.

Australia 2008
I've also started planning another trip to Australia. I'm aiming for the fall of 2008. I was looking through all of my hotel points and I have enough for 8 free nights throughout the country (that's what I stayed last time). I'm thinking five nights in Sydney, a couple of nights in the Yarra Valley wine region outside of Melbourne, and maybe the Great Barrier Reef. Last time I did the Barossa Valley outside of Adelaide and Ayers Rock. So, I'd get to see two, new areas of the country. I would definitely catch another show at the Opera House, maybe two. I'll also be climbing the bridge again! That was worth every penny. After my trip to Portland, I will only be 648 miles away from my free first-class ticket. Technically, I could go for free this year, but my vacation money is already earmarked for stamping/scrapbooking events. Anyone want to go with me?!?!?!? I'm giving you plenty of advance notice to save money!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Albuquerque isn't all that far from Denver, need I say more?

Anonymous said...

Have fun this weekend! I hope you learn all kinds of great tips, so you can share with the rest of us scrappers! I would LOVE to go to Australia - did I tell you my Bro-in-law has family there? He and my sister went and loved it! What kind of funds are we talking here? Julie