Friday, July 18

Farewell Old Friend
Okay, I've been meaning to blog for days, but an e-mail from my father is what did it. I have to dedicate this post to one of my pianos. It was a good friend. It spent many a lonely day in the Poconos overlooking the lake. No, it was never really in tune. But, it did the job. I have fond memories of singing around the piano with my college singing group. We went on a weekend retreat up there back in 1995 to practice and grow closer. Alas, nevermore. I knew the family had talked about getting rid of the piano - it was never played anymore and sat in a dark corner. We could use the space for a game table or something everyone could enjoy. Well, I had NO IDEA it was going to happen this week! I only found out when several pictures of the broken up piano landed in my inbox - tears are coming to my eyes as I type this. It had a good life. It looks so pathetic and exposed.

What have I been up to?? Well, Mike, Jess, and I went up to the Poconos last weekend. I would have played my piano one last time if I had known. But none of us knew it would roll away this week. That only happened because their roofer was able to come and let them dispose *sniff sniif* of the piano in his dumpster. The timing was good. ANYWAY, back to happier memories...we had a fabulous time at the lake last weekend. Mike and Jess tried canoeing and kayaking. They had a lot of fun - I enjoyed sitting on the porch stamping while watching them float by! We also visited the local mini golf course - Mike beat us, of course. I then thought it would be fun to watch Mike and Jess battle each other in bumper boats! What made it more fun was that the bumper boats had water guns!!! The good news is that I have a bedroom up there again! If I hadn't seen what it looked like in May, I never would have known that it was gutted due to the roof damage! It looked just like it always did. My parents did an AMAZING job!

Finally, I need to vent. Someone here at work keeps forgetting to turn off the coffee maker. When I get to work in the morning, it smells TERRIBLE. Is coffee really supposed to look like this? (Notice there's a bottle of Diet Coke in the bottom of the picture!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm that looks like some good coffee

Unknown said...

No, coffee is NOT supposed to look like that! Whoever takes that last cup without making more is a jerk.
Let the coffee pot burn, eventually the pot itself will explode (or at least crack beyond repair) from the heat. Then there will be meetings and action items and probably a coffee pot commitee! It will be fun for you to watch, especially as a non-coffee-drinker.