Thursday, July 3

Catching Up
I had THE BEST weekend last weekend. It all started off when my sister-in-law, Brooke, came over for dinner and some scrapbooking! She's just getting into the hobby, but I see an adict in the making!!! She was scrapping her trip to Maine (with my brother, of course). They went up for a friend's wedding.

Then came Saturday - it was all supposed to be about relaxing after a LONG week. Well, I woke up an hour later than I wanted and dashed out the door. (I was headed up to Sharon and Steve's.) First, I needed gas. I got to the gas station and realized my wallet was at home. Thankfully, I'd just gone to the station in Elmer. Thankfully, I needed gas and didn't realize I had no wallet when I got there. So, after a second trip to the gas station, I was on my way.

I was following Sharon's directions which literally said this: "From Route 295 or Route 95, take Exit 7B (toward Princeton) for Route 206 North"

Now, I interpretted that to mean, take Route 295 to the NJ Turnpike (which becomes 95 farther north in NJ) and take Exit 7B. I knew there was no exit 7B near Princeton on 295! So, off, I went...driving and driving and driving. I passed exit 7. I passed exit 7A. I didn't remember there being an exit 7B on the turnpike, but it's all fuzzy. Guess what...there isn't an exit 7B on the turnpike. I figured Sharon made a typo. So, I called dad and he directed me to exit 7 - that's where 206 intersects the turnpike! Easy to get confused, right? I think so. Well, she then told me to go 16 or 17 miles and that the only "hitch" would be a left turn (which was clearly marked) in Princeton. WELL, let me tell you, when you take 206 from the turnpike, it winds you through downtown Trenton first. There are circles and one-way roads and poorly-marked right turns. What the heck was Sharon talking about??? Well, after driving about 16 or 17 miles, I saw signs saying that Rt 295 and 95 were the next intersection on Rt 206. OOOPS! When I was telling Sharon I was running late, she wondered if I was in PA. Thankfully, I didn't make that mistake. When I told her I took the turnpike, she asked, "did the directions say to take the turnpike?" NO!!! My silly mistake!!! So, three hours later, I arrived at Sharon and Steve's. It's a 1.5 hour drive. As Kelly pointed out last night, I could have left my house, driven to her house (in Middletown, DE) and then driven up to Sharon and Steve's FASTER than I had gotten there. UGH!

We had a delightful visit. They've lived in their home for 5 or 6 years - I'd never been there! They've done a lot of work (and inspired me to update my bathroom). Oooh, there's another project for Brandon!!! Anyway...we enjoyed lunch, then I cashed in my Christmas Gift - a massage from Sharon. Sharon's studying to become a massage therapist - we'll all be her guinea pigs! Unlike my first (and only other massage) in Canada, I loved this one. I wasn't in more pain after the massage than when I started! After the massage, they showed me around the area - which was surprisingly not nearly as congested as I expected. Then they took me to this FABULOUS restaurant. Kelly and Matt got to go there the week before. The desserts were out-of-this-world delicious!!! They sent me home with a box of cookies and I'm eagerly awaiting my next trip up! They were the perfect hosts. Kelly said it right when she said they should open a B&B! The adorable couple, just stood in front of their garage, waving, and called out "Welcome to Hillsborough" as I was pulling away. It was like a Hallmark Card they were so cute! Thank you Sharon and Steve!

Sunday I got a few hours all to myself. It was fantastic! I did some shopping and basically did my own thing for 4 hours - the sad part is, I don't remember the last time I'd done that. Stamping is taking over my life. I celebrated Mike's daughter's birthday Sunday evening and was SO flattered when she saw the envelope the card I'd given her was in - she said "ooh, a Kristin card"!!! It isn't every day you can impress a teenager with a hand-stamped card. What did I get her? An iTunes gift card and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the Wii (yes, I got myself one too).

This week has been much calmer. Kelly and Julie came over last night to clean my craft room. It had gotten SO bad that Mike had actually volunteered to clean it. Want to see pictures? Visit my stamping site. It's amazing what 3 people can do in 2 hours!

Okay...time for work now....Have a Happy 4th of July!

No comments: