Monday, March 21

Another Week of Groceries Under $5!

Well, I'm SO glad I shop with my mom. My brain was so exhausted from this weekend, that I forgot how some of my coupons work! She reminded me that $5 of my coupons needed to be used on Kraft, Nabisco, and Coke products - none of which were on my list. Thank goodness I take along my coupon binder because I was quickly able to pull out additional coupons to combine with the items I needed to "buy" for free.

Again, there was really nothing we really needed at the grocery store this week - except for tissues since I blew through (pun intended) all of the boxes we had on hand. I was not impressed with any of the sales at Shoprite and nothing really paired well with the coupons I had. Another item on my nice-to-have list was a ham steak. I planned the menu this week and I'm craving Mac & Cheese. And, the protein that seemed to pair well with that was ham!

Here's what I got...
1 Package of Puffs 3-Pack - On Sale for $4.99 (regularly $6.39)
2 Packages of 4-Pack Charmin Toilet Paper - $3.99 each ($1 off two coupon)
2 Loaves Shoprite White Bread (one was for mom) - $.50 each! (regularly $1.52)
2 Packages of Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese - $2.99 each ($.55 off 2 coupon)
2 Ham Steaks - $2.09 each (marked down 30% because it expires in 2 days - yes, it's already in the freezer)
1 Perdue Oven Stuffer Roaster - $5.42 - (on sale for $.99/lb - savings of $3.83)
2 Packs of Classic Romaine Salad Mix - $2 each - (on sale 2 for $4) - I also asked the restocker if there was more because none was on the shelf. He brought some out for me AND it's expiration date is over a week away!
1 Garlic - $.44
1 Cucumber - $1.00
1 Red Onion - $1.01
1/2 Gallon Skim Milk

Here are the coupons I used:
$24 Off My Order (8 - $3 Dollar Days Catalinas)
$5 Off My Order (Munch Mania Catalina)
$2 Off My Order (Purex Catalina from last week)
$1 Off Charmin Coupon
$.55 (doubled to $1) Off of 2 Kraft Products
$.20 Off because I used 4 canvas bags

Total Savings Today as Printed on Receipt = $40.83
Mom Gave Me $.50 for the bread
Total Spent Today = $3.66

What are Mike & I eating this week? Here's our menu:
Monday Night - Turkey Hamburger Helper
Tuesday Night - Pork Chops
Wednesday Night - Tilapia
Thursday Night - Ham w/ Mac & Cheese
Friday Night - probably a microwave dinner because I have a couple of workshops
Saturday Night - probably a microwave dinner because I'm going to a friend's for Bunco
Sunday Night - Mike's cooking something because I have an afternoon workshop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy smokes!! How long will it be before they pay you to shop there???