Monday, March 28

"Pretty Good" Shopping Trip


So, I did pretty good this week at Shoprite. I still stayed well under our budget, but I spent more than $5! I knew that I wouldn't be breaking any records this week and accepted that before I walked in the door of the store.

Here's what's on the menu this week:
Monday - Not cooking because of Weight Watchers and I have a workshop.
Tuesday - Pan-Seared Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Wednesday - Baked Penne (using some of the new Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme)
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Not cooking because I have a workshop.
Saturday - Chicken Pockets
Sunday - Fish Tacos (Mike really wants to try making our own. And, yes, he suggested putting tacos on the menu twice this week. No complaints here!)

The only meat that I don't have is fish for the fish tacos. But, I'm picking that up on Wednesday when it goes on sale. But, here's what I picked up:

Store Brand Dishwasher Detergent - $3.69 (not on sale but we were just about out)
6 packs of Hunts Pudding - On Sale for 4 for $5. I've gotten it cheaper, but it was still 44 cents off per pack. And, I LOVE the stuff!
2 bottles of Ken's Salad dressing - On Sale for $1.88 each and I had a $1 coupon off of 2
2 packs of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix - Not on Sale but it's only 2 for $.89!
10 Cans of Chef Boyardee Raviolli - 10 for $10 PLUS you get a free can with every 5 cans. That's over a $10 savings on all 12 cans!
1 Green Pepper (not on sale but going into the Penne)
1 Red Onion (not on sale)
2 Cucumbers (not on sale)
1 3-pack of Romaine Hearts - only $1.79 with the store coupon!
3 heads of garlic for my chicken dish
3+ lbs of bananas - on sale for $1.60!!!
2 Packs of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (not on sale but had a $1. off 2 coupon)
Tortilla Shells for the Fish Tacos (not on sale)
1 lb butter on sale for $2.99
1 Pack of Philly Cream Cheese (not on sale but I had a $1 off coupon)
1 Pack of Mozzarella Cheese (not on sale but I had a $1 off coupon)
1 dozen eggs (on sale for $1.77 and I had a $.70 coupon)
1/2 Gallon Milk
2 packs of frozen twice baked potatoes (on sale for $1 each and I had a $1 off 2 coupon)

I used 6 reusable bags saving me 30 cents.

Total Savings = $57.42
Total Spent = $25.14

I'm really going to miss the $29 in coupons I have gotten off of each order in the past four weeks. I think this was the last week for them. I have $5 off coupon next week, but my bills will probably go up! But, that's okay! I only spent 1/3 of our grocery budget this week!

1 comment:

Ilina Crouse said...

wow! BTW I am impressed that you guys have a menu for whole week. I think about what's for dinner when I get home from work.

I enjoy reading your shopping adventures. It makes me more inspired to look at those coupons we get every week.(I still need to look at them thought, but it's a good start to just think about them)