Monday, April 4

Another Great Shopping Trip!

Well gang, I did it again! Saved TONS of money at the grocery store. I even took a picture of all of the goodies I got! Yes, I know, I'm turning into one of THOSE women.

I picked up $134.39 in groceries for $57.65. That's a 57% savings. I also got $10 in coupons on future purchases AND mom gave me $7 more for purchasing a few items for her. So, I really only spent $50.65.

We hit Acme and Shoprite this week.

We went to Acme first - I wanted to see what kind of meat deals I could find. WOW! I totally cashed in on some great deals...

- TWO Perdue Oven Stuffer Roasters - BOTH had $2 off coupons on. So, I got each chicken for under $4!
- TWO Hatfield Ham Steaks...are you ready for this? They were on sale for 2 for $5. (Regularly $3.69 each). I had a $1.50 coupon AND one of them had a $1 off coupon! YES. I got them for $2.50! I was so glad I talked myself out of using my Hatfield coupon last week at Shoprite!
- Oscar Mayer Weiners - Normally $4.49 each. They were on sale for 2 for $5 AND I had $1 off coupons for EACH of them! That's like a $3 savings on EACH!
- 3 boxes of Kellogs cereal for $5. The deal at Acme is that you get a free gallon of milk if you buy 3 boxes of cereal. AND if you buy 2 boxes of cereal, you get a free reusable shopping bag. AND two of the boxes had $1 off coupons on fruit if you bought 2 boxes of cereal. Did you follow all of that?
- 1.73lbs of bananas for 19 cents after I used my $1 off coupon from my cereal box
- FREE gallon of milk (value $4.25)
- FREE reusable shopping bag
- 10 Yoplait Yogurt - on sale for 20 for $10 AND I had a $1 off 10 coupon.
- 1 can diced tomatos on sale for $1.
- 1 bag of carrots
- shredded cheese - on sale for $2.49 plus I had a $1 coupon
- FREE loaf of store-baked bread (thanks mom - she had lots of coupons for taking surveys)

So, I spent $26.85 on all of that! Not too bad. The meat alone would have been $28.32 and I got bananas, carrots, a gallon of milk, 10 yogurt cups, a package of shredded cheese, a loaf of bread, a reusable shopping bag, and 3 boxes of cereal on top of that!!!

Then we went to Shoprite. There weren't many items left on my list. Even our favorite check-out girl commented! Here's what I got:

- A HUGE package (4-ish lbs) of chicken drumsticks (on sale 50% off)
- TWO packages of boneless chicken thighs (on sale 50% off)
- Two tomatoes (I've learned that I should have free tomatoes for my husband)
- Two Ziploc Boxes (on sale 2 for $5 and I had a $1.50 coupon)
- Two Ziploc Bags (on sale 2 for $5 and I had 2 $1. coupons)
- Two Fantastic Cleaners (on sale 2 for $4 and I had 2 $1. coupons)
- One Windex (on sale and I had a $1 coupon)
- Two packages of Philadelphia Cooking Creme (2.99 each and I had 2 $1.50 coupons)
- Tortilla Shells
- Colgate toothpaste (on sale for $1.66 and I had a $1.50 coupon)

I found STACKS of the Philadelphia Cooking Creme coupons around both Acme and Shoprite. I love that stuff!

I also had an experiment. I have a stack of $1.50 off coupons for Colgate. Some varieties of Colgate are on sale for $1.66 this week - but not the same variety as the coupon. So, I picked up one. Guess what? It worked!!! I will go back and get more now!

And, when you spend $20 on cleaning products, you get $10 off of future orders. I qualified! I also used a $5 off coupon on Kraft products. And, I got 20 cents off for reusable bags.

SO, I spent $23.80 and got back $10 coupons! I'm pleased!

No comments: