Monday, May 7

Lots of Updates
Wow, I feel like I'm so far behind on my blogging. So, I'm making it a point to catch up tonight. Last Thursday was amazing - my flight was early. I was home and sitting in front of my tv, eating dinner at 8:30!!! It was wonderful. I could get used to that, but the men on my flight said that it was very rare. Out of the year and a half that they'd been taking the flight, they said that it was on time only about 6 or 7 times. I'm trying to be optimistic.

Friday was hectic. My new bug...oh, let me show you a picture!
Aren't they adorable? They match! Anyway, last Saturday the top was giving me issues. So, I took it in and there was a problem that they fixed. Plus, they ripped off the tint from the front windows, and hopefully I'll be reimbursed for some gas. Oh, and I got the flower vase and they threw in a flower! I ran errands, planted a TON of flowers, and had a lovely evening.

Saturday was busy too. I tried to get ready for Sunday. But, I could hardly move. I was so sore from all of the yardwork on Friday. Sunday was stamping mania. Claire and Farrell stopped by. We finalized our plans for Stampin' Down the Shore. Then I had my stamping event on Sunday night. We celebrated Kelly's birthday and had lots of fun stamping.

Today was long. My flight is normally scheduled to depart at 7:20. It amazes me how I can leave the house at 5:30, get to the airport, park, check in (at the counter not at the kiosk), get through security, and sit at the gate all before 6:20. That's downright amazing. However, the speed didn't last long. They quickly announced that our flight was delayed Allentown. It was now scheduled to depart at 8:40 - if we were lucky. They changed our gate around 7:30 then around 8 they canceled the flight - oh what a surprise! They easily rebooked us on the 9:40. So, over to terminal C we went. We quickly learned there that the flight from Vermont was delayed - big surprise. So, I read my book then went for a bagel. That's when I spotted it....the Xpress Spa! I've had the worst unibrow for the past month. I haven't had time to get it waxed. So, I stopped in and now I have two eyebrows!!! So, there was a positive aspect to the delay. We boarded around 10am. Someone came on and said that we would be delayed a bit because of a problem with the catering truck. I was puzzled, who needs catering on this flight? There isn't time to serve!!! I fell asleep. When I woke up, we were still parked at the gate. I looked down at my phone at it was 11am! We'd been sitting on the plane for an hour!!! Finally, at 11:30 we took off. 35 minutes later, we were on the ground in Syracuse. After getting my rental car (Ford Escape) and driving to Geneva, it took me 8 hours to get to work. The flight was only 35 minutes long. How crazy is that?

Work flew by since I didn't get in until 1:30. Kelly persuaded me to walk tonight. I don't know where I found all of this energy! We walked about 2 miles along the bank of Seneca Lake. It was gorgeous. Things on campus are a bit crazy this week. It's finals week. Commencement is Sunday. It's strange being on a campus where alcohol is allowed. Every day I'm more and more grateful I went to Messiah College. Wow. What a difference. Oh, and there's this other thing.... The college loves to decorate the stalls in the restrooms with posters. They usually advertise events on campus. Some of them are many months old. However, last week they replaced them. At first I was thrilled. Then I started to read. I actually took a picture so you could see it. I'm actually offended. It was posted by Planned Parenthood. It talks all about masturbation - don't worry, everyone does it - it reads. It tells you to know your body, know your pleasure. It discusses STIs. Whatever happened to STDs? Are STIs worse? It talks about birth control and abortion. There's no mention of pre-natal care! There's no mention of adoption! What are they teaching these kids? We had Bill check out the men's room today - the posters are there too. Wow. I'm still very offended. So, I'm sharing the poster with you. Click on the picture to make it larger.

No comments: